Sunday, January 18, 2009

Winter Add On's - Part 1 - Winter Wins This Round

The Toys

Winter in the Midwest, for bike owners, means one of two things. Winter storage or time for repairs as well as adding accessories. Yesterday, I made an attempt do both. I have an attached UNHEATED garage. This is where my bike stays all year round. I was going to pull out my space heater but I forgot that I loaned it out. Bandit Brother Matt was going to come over , and lend me his heater, but our schedules became conflicting.

I decided to get started, in the cold garage, and see what I could get accomplished. I opened a can of Miller Lite, and it started to turn into a slushy within 10 minutes. Yeah, its cold in my garage.

I managed to get the new clutch lever on, but that was about it. I could not keep my hands warm. I started to stage the rest of the parts but I decided to call it a day. I have new heater on the way. I will pick up my project later in the week.

I will be adding the following farkles:
- engine guards ( aka crash guards)
- highway pegs
- windshield replacement
- turn signal housing

I hope to have a complete and warmer report next time.

She even looks cold