Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tune Tuesday: Gomez - How We Operate



Here is a song that you will find in my Sunday morning play list. It is mostly made up of music found on 93.1 - XRT. If you are a Chicago reader, you know what I am talking about, "Chicago's Finest Rock". The station has a wide range of music covering genres from blues, reggae, folk, pop, and rock and roll but enough of the XRT plug.

Gomez came on the Razor scene in 2006 although they have been around for over ten years. They are an English indie rock band. This song stands out with the opening intro. It has that unique blue grass kind of sound.

When I heard it for the first time, I had to confirm that I did not switch over to the country station. Then unexpectedly, the song goes up beat and changes tempo. Great! Something that does not sound like Linkin Park or NickelBack (have I mentioned that I hate Nickelback?). It has that touch of Pearl Jam without the dirty garage sound.

I can play this song over and over. It never gets tired. The uniqueness of this sound pulls me in every time. It's not a rock anthem song so don't me wrong. I have a wide variety of music. Next week, I will be reviewing Gershwin's, Rhapsody in Blue.