Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tune Tuesday: Chelsea Dagger (Blackhawk Tribute)


A Tribute to HATtrick Kane and the 2008-2009 Chicago Blackhawks!

To carry on the post from yesterday, and to start a new weekly feature, I am starting Tune Tuesdays. If I can keep my act together, I will update this blog with a favorite song from present or something from the past. Most likely, the song is being played on my mp3 player while out on the bike.

I have to admit. When I first heard this song, Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis, I was not a big fan. Even hearing it for the first couple of games, after a Hawks goal, it was hard for me to join the fun. Then for whatever reason, maybe being caught up in the moment, maybe finding fun in the song, I was chanting along. I even start singing during the Amstel Light commercials, which plays Chelsea's Dagger.

Now when I hear this song, it reminds of the Chicago Blackhawks. Much like Journeys, Don't Stop Believing for the World Series Champs in 2005, the Chicago White Sox. That was until the Sopranos ruined it for me with that terrible series finale.

By the way... whats the over under that I don't post a new tune next week?