Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bad Boys, Bad Boys....

Too bad the officer didn't look like this. She could write me tickets all day!

An officer once told me, not too long ago, "things happen in threes". After being pulled over, again this morning, I said out loud, "that officer was right".

Yup, I have been tearing up the streets..... in my Cavalier. Lets jump in the way- back- machine. I have not had a "citation" in roughly 15 years. That was for "running" a red light in Evanston. For the record, I was not use to the quick changing city lights being from the sticks. It was turning yellow but did not make it. I took the ticket. I have learned.

Last fall, coming home from a poker charity game, I was pulled over in my SUV for speeding. 17 over in 40. It was late at night and no one was around me. Except the Po Po that is.

Less then three weeks ago, I got a moving citation for failure to make a complete stop. Now on this one, I know better. There was no one at the three way intersection so I must have taken it for granted. My bad. I have learned from that one as well. (the cop did a good job hiding because I never saw him, thumbs up Round Lake Park)

This morning, I got pulled over in McHenry on route 120 for speeding. The female cop was pretty straight forward. "I am giving you a citation for speeding." I gave her my info and was back to business. I was doing 59 in a 45. I really thought it was 55 mph since it was 120 and 4 lanes. Damn you open roads in the farm areas. Damn you.

Yes, things happens in threes. Tickets, death, and the third degree that my wife will give me when I get home.