Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tune Tuesday: Eagles of Death Metal




Every now and then, a band comes along that makes me fall in love with rock and roll all over again. It reminds my why rock is not dead. Why my son will not be buying the corporate canned music that the local Walmart is pushing (like that Nickelback crap)

Ladies and Gentlemen, enter Eagles of Death Metal. I am not even sure how I stumbled across this band. They really didn't get any radio play. After seeing the video, I am looking at the drummer and saying to myself, "that guy looks familiar." After doing some homework, I found out it is Josh Homme. The lead singer of Queen of the Stone Age. That band also rocks but that's another post.

Back to Eagles of Death Metal, they are an American garage rock band. They also have a touch of rockabilly to them. They play fast upbeat or what I call dirty rock. In the above video, watch for the many cameos including Jack Black and David Grohl.

Long Live Rock!