Monday, March 23, 2009

I Fought the Law and ... (Part Deux)


I fought the law and , I WON. Well, this was not a case of law but more of a glitch in the states computer system. (see previous post below).

After 25 minutes, 3 staff members and a call down state, I was able to get my license plate renewed. From my end, it was not very dramatic. The DMV staff knew the issue but could not figure how to get around it. I am just glad that I do not need to reapply for my vanity plate or occurred extra fees. Yes, I am legal again.

On a side note, I want to give a round of applause to the DMV. I mean it. They have come all long way. When they first opened at 8am, on Saturday, they shuffled in around 50 people in less then 2o minutes. They had 4 staff members directing customers on where to go. They were professional and courtesy. Ten years ago, I would have waited 3 hours for the same issue. I am glad I was able to get on with my weekend. Way to go DMV.